LivingSocial is growing—fast. We’re
redefining localized online advertising and social commerce, all while
building a great company and cultivating superb talent. The explosive
growth and success of LivingSocial has been recognized by media outlets
new and renowned, from TechCrunch to The Wall Street Journal. To help
fuel our growth, LivingSocial has secured hundreds of millions in
funding from some of the most prominent investors and Internet leaders.
As we continue to advance and innovate, we want to invest in you!
Don't live in DC? No Problem! We offer comprehensive relocation
packages, and for strong candidates will consider remote work
We’re on the hunt for candidates who can make
software languages bend to their will. Due to our high traffic, there
are technical scaling challenges that few companies experience. As a
member of our skilled team, you will build and maintain applications
deployed to millions of users. This is a fast-paced agile environment
where code you write today will be live on our site tomorrow
(Continuous Deployment FTW!) and we need the best and the brightest to
help us build better, more robust applications. We’re not saying it’s
going to be easy but if you enjoy building awesome products that are
widely known/used this might just be the opportunity for you.
Well-qualified candidates will have:
- 4+ years of web development experience, preference given to candidates who have experience with large applications of some scale
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience in TDD.
- Willingness to take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Comfort-level with working on a distributed/dispersed team
- Top-of-the-line Apple hardware.
- The chance to work with some giants from the national Ruby community
- Opportunity to write code that millions will interact with
- All the usual stuff (health/dental/401k/etc) so you don't have to worry about self or family.
If you want to have a major impact on an explosive-growth startup company, this is the job you've been looking for.
appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It
is the policy of LivingSocial to provide equal opportunity for
employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of
race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status,
marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed,
national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy
applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement,
training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of
compensation and benefits. The company will comply with its legal
obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals