Do you want to revolutionize the way people travel? Are you passionate about travel and believe in the power of social technology? Do you want to join a high caliber team of people with the ambition to change the world?
You will be responsible building the back-end infrastructure and developing end-to-end user facing features for a revolutionary social travel service. You will design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable server systems.
This is a full time position in Menlo Park, California.
Skills & Requirements
- B.S. in Computer Science with 4+ years or M.S. in Computer Science with 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience building large-scale server applications and reliable software
- Expert level understanding of XML, JSON and Web Services
- Expert level experience with an object oriented programming language (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Expert level experience with Database schema design, SQL and MySQL
- Experience building social products (FB Connect, twitter API) is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to tackle challenging problems on a tight schedule
- Prior experience with building platform technologies a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3, MapReduce) a plus
- Experience processing big data / NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis)
- Knowledge in machine-learning, natural language processing, and/or information retrieval are pluses
- You learn new languages and technologies quickly, are innovative, enjoy challenges and have a great work ethic
Gogobot is the world's most popular source of trusted travel advice from people like you. Launched in November 2010 and named one of TIME magazine's 50 Best Websites of 2011, Gogobot was the first travel company to refocus online travel planning on friends, not strangers. The company was founded by former chief architect for Yahoo! BOSS Ori Zaltzman, and ex MySpace exec Travis Katz. The startup has raised $19 millions to date, backed by Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, Michael Arrington, MySpace founder Chris DeWolfe, Square CEO Keith Rabois and angel investor Oren Ze’ev. Called by Michael Arrington “one of my favorite new startups for 2010,”Gogobot connects you with friends and travelers like you to make planning and sharing your travels fun. Based in Silicon Valley, Gogobot launched its private beta in November 2010. The site has since been covered by TIME, TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, AllThingsD, Trendslate, the nationally syndicated Nate Berkus Show, WGN-TV Chicago and was mentioned in Trendwatching’s 11 Crucial Consumer Trends for 2011.
We believe the internet should deliver personalized, trusted experiences. We believe in creating experiences that consumers will love and want to tell their friends about. And we believe passionately that planning your trips and sharing your travel experiences should be fun, easy and social.
We are seeking people who are passionate about innovation with the ambition to change the world.
Join the travel revolution! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org